7-Zip is a file archiver with the high compression ratio, and well-suited for developers & anyone else who moves between the Windows and Linux/Unix worlds. The program’s ability to shrink files was stunning.
7-Zip Advanced options include the ability to create solid and self-extracting archives, and to adjust the compression level and password protection. It uses the 7z file format, which ensures higher level of compression (up to 50% higher than the standard zip format), but can easily work with other formats as well.
7-Zip unpacks a host of archive formats, including ZIP, TAR, GZ, and its own 7z format. Unlike WinZip, it can create TAR and GZ archives, which are commonly used on Unix and Linux systems.
Here are some key features of “7-Zip”:
- High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR and ZIP
- Supported formats for unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z.
- Fast compression and decompression – Compression ratio for ZIP and GZIP formats: 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 80 languages
|Requirements:||Windows 9x / 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows7 / Windows8|