Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows. Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from cassette tapes, vinyl records, or minidiscs. With some sound cards, it can also capture streaming audio.
Here are some key features of “Audacity”:
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Supports various file formats like WAV, AIFF, AU, and Ogg Vorbis
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Import MPEG audio (including MP2 and MP3 files)
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Large files can be edited fairly quickly
- Add different effects like echo, phaser, wahwah, reverse, and more
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Record and edit 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating point) samples.
- Various plug-ins support
- And many more
|Requirements:||Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / Windows 7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows 7 64 / Windows 8 / Windows 8 64|
|Author:||Audacity Development Team|